Sunday, November 13, 2011

UhOh... What was I thinking!

Do not know what I was thinking. I have had a MENTAL weekend. Cocktails on Friday and beers on Saturday. Haven't cooked myself a dinner since Thursday evening.

Out on Friday night with my lovely college ladies! We went for Tapas.

Tapas are a peculiar experience. They are nice, but a bit on the disappointing side. Its hard to describe. All this food comes at once, little tasters. And your eating away at it, and you feel full. But it's almost anti-climatic. There's no 'main course'. Now don't get me wrong, it was all lovely but it kind of left me wanting more.

Aside from that, myself and my arch nemeses 'Vino' had a meeting in the restaurant. I had two glasses and drowned the effects by drinking about a litre of water. Then I was on to the cocktails. Mojito and Strawberry Daiquiris. I love SD's... Mojito, on the other hand, I just don't understand it. They are lovely and refreshing, once you scoop all the foliage from them and actually get to the alcohol. I spent so much time scooping the mint out I was beginning to think I was gardening and not clubbing! I decided to go back to the SD's, far less effort!

How I woke up on Saturday morning feeling as bright as I felt, I shall never know. I got up and I made Roast Butternut Squash soup, had a lovely breakfast and I didn't cancel my date with Davina McCall. Headed on up to my gym (aka my bedroom) and worked my little ass off! I was thinking that between all the dancing around I did the night before and the work out, I was golden for working off the cocktails. Sure on Friday night, in my less than sober state, I decided that it would be best to leave my high heels on while dancing, despite my feet throbbing so much that I actually think my heart beat could have been found in them. My reasoning? Working out my thighs, calves and bum of course!

Things were going very well yesterday. I chose wisely in the restaurant. I came home and got ready to go out. I decided I was drinking Korona and I stuck with it. Fun and laughs were had by all.

Then we left the pub, and I was assaulted.... by the smell of vinegar.

Oh yes. I did. I went to the chipper. I bought chips and a battered sausage. I drown them in so much vinegar I think I began wearing it as a perfume! I ate my battered sausage. I loved every bite of that greasy battered meat. I started on the chips. The vinegar sodden, crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside chips. Delicious. But! I didn't eat them all. Instead I ate about half and threw the rest in the bin. That's progress!

Why progress? Well let me outline;

  1. Three weeks ago if I ordered a chipper, I would have ordered garlic dip
  2. I would have ordered a 1/4 pounder and cheese
  3. I would have eaten it all.
I think that's good, right? Or am I just fooling myself?

Regardless, I've to go now and extend my appointment with Davina to an hour long, perhaps an hour and half! What was I thinking?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment