Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Power of a Positive Mental Attitude

Last nights class got me thinking about the power of a PMA. The lovely leader was talking about how empty the class was and asked if any of us thought about not coming tonight and waiting until next week because of the bank holiday weekend.

I was too shy to say 'hell yeah!'... I was also afraid that verbal  squirts would take over and I'd be all of a sudden telling her how I was arguing with myself in the car the whole way up to the class like a child with an invisible friend. And the only reason I actually made it to the class was I needed petrol and there's a petrol station beside the class...

Nevertheless, she was saying how a person should be proud of themselves for coming to class, even if the week did not go to plan. That taking that step last night was the start of changing my NMA (Negative Mental Attitude) to a PMA.

That got me thinking about how negative thoughts really can destroy your best intentions (again, happy enough to blame anything or anyone as long as the blame doesn't directly lie at my door!!). I began thinking about all the times I reached for the bar of chocolate and told myself, sure you've no will power at all! And that made me grab another bar of chocolate.

Now, I realise that some might say that yes, indeed,  you have no will power if your scoffing two bars of chocolate in one sitting. My reply to them is stop sending me NMA and it was two fun size bars, not real size bars, sure one of them would only be teasing yourself!

So I want to address my PMA and think of three positive things.

1. Even though I need to loose weight, the extra layer is keeping me warm in this wintry weather.

2. I am not overweight, I am under tall.

3. I have big bones.

Ah I realise that I am poking fun at myself, but in all seriousness, I have realised that an unchartered step from the journey is only a mistake. Its not the end of the world and it should not encourage me to give up!

So people. Lets get thinking positive thoughts and stop the negativity in its tracks! In the wise old words of Mr President Obama "Is Feidir Linn!"

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment