Saturday, November 5, 2011

After 29 years together, my thighs have decided they want to leave me....

It's Saturday morning at 11.15am.  My thighs have fallen out with me. They say I've changed. They say that my attitude has become unbearable. They can no longer take it. They want to leave me for a lazier less motivated woman. I told them to go, I want a skinnier model any way! This is how it all began...

It all started with a walk on Wednesday for about 30 mins with himself (aka H2B - Hubby 2 Be). He took off on a little jog while I walked at a smart pace. And then I decided, sure I'll give this jogging (pronounced with a soft J H2B tells me so it sounds like Yogging!!) a go. Anywho, the lungs weren't long about protesting, and then the thighs had their say and that was the end of that.

So when we got home I asked H2B if he would teach me and coach me in the ways of 'excercise'.. Nothing to strenuous mind, just a few sit ups and the likes (something to battle the bingo wings). When I came home last night Drill Sarge McCarthy was ready and waiting to make me sit up and press up and lunge and basically use muscles that, to be quite frank, I really didn't know I had! That was the second straw as far as the thighs were concerned...

I received an email from one of my best friends wondering if I was around for an early morning walk this morning and a catch up. Sure, I said. Sounds great I said. Pick me up at 8am, I said. Within two mins of the 'walk' I realised what I forgot about my best friend. For every step she takes, I take three. So while she's out for a nice relaxing stroll, I'm walking at full pelt, sweating like a donkey in a sauna and struggling to catch me breath! Sure she hasn't even broken a sweat at this point and is full of chat. Our walks are the only time that she can get a word in edge ways with me because I'm too out of breath to speak!!! (and during our chat she informs me she's going to the bloody gym after the walk while all I was fit for was my bed!!)

Nevertheless, it was a lovely walk, and I felt fantastic after it, full of beans (and sweat). That was straw three for the thighs....

The final straw came when I decided that I would continue on my exercise buzz and throw on Davina McCall's 30 minute workout and give it a bash. I've never lunged and squatted as much in my life!!! Once I completed the 30 minute workout and fell to the floor, my thighs informed me of their decision...

I'm afraid to tell them that H2B is coming back at some point today to put me through my paces again!

I can practically feel myself deflating as i type!

No comments:

Post a Comment