1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's' worthy of your time and talent
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
4. Become the most enthusiastic person you know
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others
6. Be generous
7. Have a grateful heart
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence
9. Discipline yourself to save money even on the most modest salary
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement
12. Commit yourself to quality
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect
14. Be loyal
15. Be honest
16. Be a self-starter
17. Be decisive even if it means you are sometimes wrong
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life you will regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your mam proud
~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
How many of these do you live by?