Friday, August 3, 2012

Run Rachy, Run Rachy, Run Run Run....


I am back running. My legs are, once again, no longer talking to me.  As I sit here and type they are throbbing and aching and my lower back is joining in for a chorus. But it's OK. I'm delighted with myself! Since Monday afternoon I have completed the grand total of four runs (2 of which happened on Monday!! I know right? Two runs in the one day, what am I? An Olympian?) Now, I am completely aware of the fact that all you seasoned runners out there with the ability to complete 10k in three strides will think 4 runs in one week, coming to a grand total of 10.96k, is not that big a deal. But it is to me so allow me to bask in my amature glory....

I am going wedding dress shopping next week with my Mum and Sister and then again with two of my bridesmaids the week after. So I am basically attempting to run my way into a smaller dress size.  Here's hoping that plan works and I wake up on Monday week a size 8 (I know, my goals are totally realistic and achievable).

Only four more days until Weigh Day and I've a night out to get through so I should be able to run at least three more times between now and then! Aching pins willing...

In the meantime, if anyone has any tips on how to soothe my aching pins, ass and back please, please, let me know...

Have a good weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment