Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's my plan for the weekend you ask?

With only 35 days until the big day, you might well be wondering what my plan is for this weekend... It's a good plan. Its my Hen Weekend! OMFG I'm having a hen party! I'm so excited about it I keep wanting to do a little excited dance and squeal!

I don't really know what's happening for it.  I know that my mum and sister are travelling down to stay with me on Friday night.  One of my bridesmaids is also staying with us.  We are getting tans and other such girlie things done and I will be getting these caterpillars I call eyebrows groomed and HD'd to within an inch of their lives! I'll be loverly.

Then on Saturday we go into Dublin City Centre and check into a hotel and I wait to what happens.  It's not as hard as I thought it would be to be kept in the dark.  It's difficult, but not impossible.  Me being the control freak that I am, I thought I'd be foaming at the mouth and having panic attacks that I don't know anything but I'm actually surprisingly calm! Well, I say calm, but what I mean is "Rachel Calm"... I'd still like to accidentally stumble across all the details and know everything. But I am doing my best to keep my nose out of it and go with the "flow".  Going with the flow is a new concept to me.  Not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I'm giving it a bash!

My bridesmaids are amazing ladies and I know that whatever they've done for me is going to be great craic.  Sadly, one of my amazing ladies cannot make it back from the sand pit she calls home (abu dabi). Stupid sand pit. So we will have to celebrate without her, but thankfully she will make it back for the wedding. 

Excitement is building. I can't wait for it. My only issue is finding something to wear.  Once upon a time, when I had issues finding something to wear it was because most shops didnt' stock clothing to cover my cuddly frame.  Now, while there is still enough of me left to get a decent comfortable cuddle off, the problem I am having is that I don't like anything! The hunt continues this evening and if I don't find anything I could always throw on a wedding guna!!

There are only 35 days until the big day.  Can you believe it? I can't. 35 days. Just over a month.  There's 29 days until I finish work.  Basically my life is now broken down into countdowns.  Normally, I have one big countdown a year - Christmas.  Now, I've got four including Christmas. 

1. Finishing Work
2. Wedding Day
3. Honeymoon
4. Christmas

There's lots of little things to be sorted out. Like getting a chunk taken out of my engagement and wedding rings.  Pain in the ass right? But as I speak my engagement ring is swinging about my finger like a bangle, and when I put on wedding ring (for a practice, I need to get the tone of "I do" correct.  Cannot be too giggly or too sombre. Or at least that's what I tell himself. In actual fact I'm like a magpie. Anything shiny I'm on it like a car bonnet, so I keep taking a peek at it and doing my squeaky jig!)  This is wonderful news I know. It's the one thing I've been waiting for on my deflation quest - skinny bloody fingers.

I'm walking the ass of myself. I did 25k in 5 days last week and I'm getting my Jillian Michael's DVD on.  I'm moving up to week two this week and I'm pretty sure it's going to be AGONY!

So this is where we're at.  35 days to go, a finish work countdown and a hen party! It's busy business!!! I will update with news on hen party shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment